SWEA, Swedish Women’s Educational Association Inc., is a global non-profit organization for Swedish-speaking women who live or have lived abroad. SWEA’s objective is to protect the Swedish language and support and inform about Swedish culture and traditions. SWEA supports education through scholarships and various projects with a Swedish connection.
The SWEA New Jersey scholarship, which amounts to a total of $6,000 per year, can be awarded in whole or in part to qualified individuals preferably with roots and/or current residence in New Jersey or the Tri-State area pursuing academic or professional research/studies or artistic endeavors pertaining to Sweden. The area of research/study may include, but is not limited to, Swedish culture, history, music, visual or performing arts, literature, media, science or the environment.
The recipient or recipients will be selected at the discretion of the Board of SWEA NJ, by recommendation from the Scholarship Committee. After finishing their project, the recipient or recipients are required to provide a report to SWEA NJ on how the scholarship has been used, and if appropriate, give a presentation to SWEA NJ.
Application procedure: To be considered for the academic scholarship, an applicant must:
- Complete the application form
- Present a full CV or resume
- Give a short description of yourself and your interests
- Give a detailed description of the project
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Commit to providing a report on how the scholarship was used, by writing an article and/or giving a presentation to SWEA NJ within two months of the completion of the project
Both women and men are encouraged to apply