The SWEA NJ scholarship amounts to a total of $5,000 per year. The scholarship can be awarded in whole or in part, to qualified individuals preferably with roots and/or current residence in New Jersey or the Tri-State area pursuing academic or professional research/ studies or artistic endeavors pertaining to Sweden. Members of SWEA and their immediate family are not eligible to apply. The area of research/study may include, but is not limited to, Swedish culture, history, music, visual or performing arts, literature, media, science or the environment. The recipient or recipients will be selected at the discretion of the Board of SWEA NJ, by recommendation from the Scholarship Committee. After finishing their project, the recipient or recipients are required to provide a report to SWEA NJ on how the scholarship has been used, and if appropriate, give a presentation to SWEA NJ.
Application procedure: To be considered for the academic scholarship, an applicant must:
- Complete the application form
- Present a full CV or resume
- Give a short description of yourself and your interests
- Give a detailed description of the project
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Commit to providing a report on how the scholarship was used, by writing an article and/or giving a presentation to SWEA New Jersey within two months of the completion of the project.
Both women and men are encouraged to apply.
For additional information and to submit your application, please contact: sweanewjerseyscholarship(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com.
Read more about SWEA International’s scholarships here (in Swedish)